For best experience, use Nutshell app on your smartphone.
2:57 pm on 20 July 2021, Tuesday
Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief, Police General Guillermo Lorenzo T Eleazar has directed the Manila Police District to send more men to the Manila Bay to ensure that minimum public health safety standards are observed by visitors at the dolomite beach.
“I have tasked the Manila Police District to deploy additional policemen in the area to ensure that persons who visit the beach observe minimum public health safety standards and follow quarantine protocols,” Eleazar said on Tuesday.
“Kailangan ng masusing pagpaplano at regular na monitoring sa lugar upang matiyak na hindi na maulit ang nangyari last year na hindi nasunod ang social distancing ng mga taong bumibisita,” he added.
Last weekend, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources held a soft opening the stretch of Manila Bay where artificial sand was dumped.
The dolomite beach is open until Tuesday.
Visitors however are reminded that wearing of face shields and face masks are necessary. Physical distancing must also be observed at all times. The PNP added that “visitors are allowed to roam and walk around the beach for only five minutes to avoid overcrowding.”
When the dolomite beach was opened in 2020, visitors to the dolomite beach failed to observe physical distancing and an MPD official was relieved of his post.
“[K]aya’t babala ko din sa ating kapulisan na huwag magpabaya at siguraduhing mababantayan nila ang lugar para hindi na magkatanggalan pa,” Eleazar added.
“Sa mga kababayan naman natin na nagpaplanong pumunta sa dolomite beach, sumunod tayo sa mga alituntunin at huwag na tayong maging pasaway dahil para din ito sa inyong kaligtasan,” the PNP chief also said.